When you are overwhelmed at work, tired of hearing the kids cry, or at odds with the hubby, it can be really hard to focus on the good little blessings in life. But as Joyce Meyer's, Christian author and speaker, says "Your future is not determined by your past or present." Look beyond today and into the future and realize that things can and will improve. There is much to look forward to.
In examining my own future, I've decided to create a "Bucket List," a list of things I would love to do before I kick the bucket. I found the little exercise inspiring because I got the opportunity to see all the wonderful opportunities for enjoyment and personal and professional growth. And it serves as a visual check-list of things I want to do with my life.
If you aren't familiar with a Bucket List, rent the movie "The Bucket List" starring Morgan Freeman and Jack Nicholson.
Curious what's on my Bucket List? Here it is goes. Hang on, it's a long list!
1. Write a book(s)
2. Write my own column
3. Write for newspapers or magazines regularly.
4. Run a successful blog (hopefully this one!) that earns money some of which will be donated to charity.
5. Provide a scholarship for a college student.
6. Go on a hot air balloon ride.
7. Go on a helicopter ride.
8. Become a mother.
9. Teach in some capacity.
10. Learn to cook better and make elaborate meals for others.
11. Be helpful at church.
12. Grow a vegetable garden.
13. Take a Gondola ride in Venice. (I was there and wouldn't you believe we couldn't do it! It was raining and hailing so they weren't in operation! So close!)
14. Be an inspiration to others.
15. Read the Bible from cover-to-cover.
16. Visit all 50 states (I've been to 21 as of 7/09)
17. Visit southern Italy.
18. Be content with myself and my life.
19. Go skydiving.
20. Go hand gliding.
21. Go to the Greek Isles.
22. See the French Riviera.
23. See the Mexican Riviera.
24. See the American Riviera.
25. Visit Yosemite National Park.
26. Visit Lake George.
27. Visit Quebec and Toronto.
28. Visit Cape Cod.
29. Visit Sweden.
30. Visit Denmark.
31. Learn more than one crochet stitch.
32. Own a dog.
33. Be a successful freelance writer.
I've got a lot to do and I plan on doing most of it if not all, God willing!
So what's on your "Bucket List?" Feel free to share it with me.
Wishing you "Blessings from Above,"